Megan's top 10 tips to live happy & healthy!
1. Cut yourself some slack. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are doing a bloody great job. Acknowledge that and all the amazing things you have achieved. Take time out to reflect on what you have accomplished or overcome in your life and I’m sure you will be quietly surprised.
2. Be Kind to yourself. Treat yourself like you would a best friend because you need to love yourself before you can share that love with others.
3. Put yourself first always. There is a reason why on a plane flight the attendant tells you to put your own mask on first. You are no good to anyone if you are empty and by that I mean you have given all your energy out to others and there is none left for yourself. Make sure you treat yourself and take time out from the routine of life, work, family etc. You bloody deserve it and don’t feel guilty. I promise you will be a better person for it.
4. It’s ok not to be ok. Life will throw you some pretty mean curve balls and it’s ok not to be ok! As Rocky says: “this world aren’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it, you me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward how much you can take and keep moving forward, that’s how winning is done”
5. Practice gratitude every day. We are always so focused on what’s coming next and what we want that we forget to be grateful for what we already have. I suggest to write three things every day that you are grateful for and see how that changes your perspective on life.
6. Sleep. Getting enough sleep is so important. I don’t think we realise how important sleep is to ensure we are mentally and physically at our best.
7. Spend time in nature. Put the technology away and go down to the beach or a walk in the park. I love the beach it is my place of peace, it grounds me and keeps me calm.
8. Meditate daily. Meditation is a daily part of my life helps to keep my thoughts and breathing under control. You train your body so why not train your mind.
9. Exercise daily. Exercise will always be a part of my life and being a personal trainer I realise how important exercise is, not only for your mental wellbeing but your overall health.
10. Love yourself - for all that you are and everything that you do. You are enough. BE BRAVE BE BOLD BE YOU.